Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Independence Day!

I don't normally make a big deal out of Independence Day. In my natal family we would typically relax all day at home (maybe clean if it were a Saturday), and then go to City Hall to observe the fireworks display. My husband's family, however, celebrates the Fourth of July like Christmas. They invite as many people to join them at the lake for a cookout, fun on the water, and beer! This was my first year celebrating the 4th with them at the lake--last year we were all in Denver for a conference with my in-laws' company.

We had such a beautiful day today. It was warm, which is to be expected, but the heat wasn't unbearable once we moved to the dock and could enjoy a refreshing breeze off the water.


Robert drove up to the lake, which gave me plenty of opportunities to play with my "new," used Canon S3 IS. :)

I love some of the architecture on the lake. I don't know if there's a single developer at the lake as there are in many neighborhoods, but from what I understand (for the most part) is that everyone draws up their own plans and builds their own lake houses and boathouses. The architecture around the lake truly captures each family's personality.

Our beautiful day on the lake. I don't think we could have asked for a more perfect day to enjoy the 4th!

Of course, what we all come for. Beer, floating devices, and water. :)

Whether or not you celebrate it, I hope you still enjoyed the beautiful day! Happy Independence Day, everyone!

No comments: