Friday, June 26, 2009

One-month anniversary

On June 23, Robert and I celebrated our one-month anniversary! :)

He spent the day of the anniversary at work. I spent it working on unpacking and cleaning the duplex more. We planned to go on a date (dinner and a movie) when he came home from work.

Around 5 p.m., Robert sent me a text saying, "Sorry...running late. Be there soon." I texted him back telling him to take his time, that I was just sitting here working on the duplex. He walked in the door about five minutes later, with a surprise: three bouquets of daises--two purple and one white--and a "For my Wife" anniversary card--which he doctored to read "one month anniversary" wherever necessary.

The flowers with the "For my Wife" card. This was the very first wife card I have ever received. I will keep it, as nerdy as that may be. It's so special and unexpected that it brought tears to my eyes as I was reading the card. Robert gave me a big hug and said, "I didn't want to make you cry, baby." But it wasn't sobbing, of course...just a few tears. Well, inspired by the realization that we had arrived to a month almost without even noticing it, as well as receiving my first wife card. Somehow it just hit me.

Our wedding colors were lavender/lilac and celadon (which is a light sage-ish green). The combination was very spring like, which was our goal. When Robert and I were planning the wedding, we both basically picked a color that we loved and really wanted in the wedding. Then, we went to Hobby Lobby to check out fabric combinations of the colors so that we didn't turn out with a Barney-themed wedding. The result was wonderful: it was all about the spring flowers, particularly daisies. I loved the look of all of our wedding favors as well as the wedding itself. It was so fresh and relaxing, I thought, and very subtle. It was perfectly tuned for us. :)

Happy one-month anniversary to us! :) We had such a wonderful month, and I'm so surprised it's already been that long. I love my husband so much, and I can't wait to see what the rest of our months have in store for us!

1 comment:

Preben and Ellen said...

how sweet amanda!! :) beautiful flowers!