Monday, June 15, 2009

Grand opening!

We finally have a reliable Internet connection!  For the past couple of weeks, we've been experiencing outages every day between noon and 7 a.m.  We believe it was because of the digital switch, which, now done, should have stabilized everything.

So, in light of that good news, I am pleased to announce the grand opening of this blog!  (Finally!)

I have an entry in the works of a general play-by-play from the wedding, and am now working on a quick and dirty recap of the honeymoon.  Because we spent ten days in London, I will not be able to give a detailed account (and I'm not sure anyone wants to read a detailed account), but I will hit the highlights.  I will also post pictures as soon as I can find my camera cords at the apartment (which is on the to-do list of the morning).

One of the staples during our honeymoon was a particular little pub near our hotel that served the absolute best fish and chips, as well as steak and ale pie (according to Robert).  When we arrived stateside, Robert looked up a steak and Guinness pie recipe that we're going to try.  (I had promised in a moment of pure glee and delight over my delicious pub food that I would make him a steak and ale pie when we got back home.)  We haven't had any time to really give this recipe a true attempt until today.  I'm going to take play-by-play pictures, too.  This will be the most elaborate meal I've ever made, and the first complicated meal I've made as a new wife.

It takes two and a half hours to make, and requires six oven-safe bowls of the same size...which I'll have to go buy because we certainly don't have that.  This is going to be a pretty interesting adventure.  At least I have a husband who is willing to play guinea pig and taste my attempts at delicious pub food!

No comments: