Friday, October 9, 2009

Photo update

Inspired by my friend Ash, I am going to make a photo post...because lately I've been so busy that this is pretty much the best way to recap the last month.

Over Labor Day weekend, Robert and I visited my aunt, uncle, and cousins in South Carolina. On the Saturday of that weekend, we went to a local baseball game, which was a lot of fun. I haven't been to a baseball game since I was in middle school. Before the game, my aunt and uncle took us walking around downtown Greenville, and we visited a new park. I was stunned by the beauty of this place.

The geese were in full form at the park this weekend, and what was even more astonishing was that they were not afraid of people. Children jumped around the rocks and water alongside the geese--at times it seemed the geese were also playing with the kids. Such a beautiful and relaxing day!

Then, later this month was my birthday. We celebrated by having a low-key breakfast at our home. I don't really like celebrating my birthday in an extravagant way. The attention makes me feel a little uncomfortable (although I love celebrating everyone else's birthday--making a big deal of their day is part of the fun). We had both sets of our parents, our siblings, and my sister's fiance come over for homemade pancakes (Robert made them!), eggs, biscuits, bacon, and sausage. It was so great!

When we opened the door, my mom greeted me with a great big grin and gigantic balloon...that sang. I loved this balloon! Mom would tap it at random and do a little dance while the animals looked on in frozen anxiety. Milton, our sweet neurotic Chowbrador, didn't really like the balloon but was okay with it as long as it wasn't singing. Beatrice, our fearless calico/tabby mix, watched it warily but didn't run away. Callie, our tortoiseshell RagaMuffin, hid the entire day.

The morning was made even more complete by my mom's cupcakes! She decorated each one with a delicious sugar flower that she found at this great little cake store near their home. They were so yummy! We started doing cupcakes for birthdays instead of cakes after an idea that my sister had for her birthday. :) It's so smart, too, because few people want to eat two cupcakes, so it keeps portions under control.

Last weekend, my friend and I went on a little photo shoot. We were having an away game that weekend, and I wanted to photograph the campus without crazy amounts of people crowding the school. I'll take pictures the next time we have a home game that's not under threat of being rained out.

While on our photo shoot, I captured a bird's nest outside of the pharmacy school. It looks to have been pretty sturdy for its inhabitants, but they had already flown off.

And finally...a photograph that I think really encapsulates football season. This was taken on the lawn in front of our student union. It's a JD miniature laying beside a streamer that has been dropped from a shaker. War Eagle, indeed.

No comments: